Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Fresh Start for the New Year

I have just finished writing my program for this term. Now that I am half way through my Masters I finally am developing a sense of what it is I am supposed to be doing. While teaching Stage 2 about different religions and Stage 3 about Mt Kosciuszko National Park, I am teaching the skill of notetaking. Later in the units I will be asking the children to ask themselves if the notes they have taken are sufficient or appropriate for their needs.
I am using a book called The Thoughtful Researcher by V. Rankin (1999). It is quite old but it breaks down the teaching  of information literacy into usable chunks. This is what I was looking for. I am considering buying it for the library or at least for myself. Some of the information relating to using the internet is too dated to use, however, the content on note taking and analysing information is very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment