Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What interferes with TL's capacity to do their work?

I have two wikis for Stage 3 which I had hoped to use all year. The organisation I work for has blocked the children's access to editing these sites. This means that I cannot ask them to collaborate online. My employer pays me to go on courses so that children can collaborate and then blocks those sites. I will have to ring them, again, tomorrow to ask them to unblock this part of my wiki. Very frustrating.
They have also blocked bighugelab which means that the children can't use it either to make ads. This fits in beautifully with the work on persuasive texts. Tomorrow, I will also talk to them about this.
What a waste of my time!

1 comment:

  1. aah!... the reality of the bureaucracy of schools. Something I hadn't even considered.

    ReplyDelete