Monday, April 16, 2012

Opportunity for change

We have just written a new mission statement at my school, which emphasizes 21 century learning. After reading about strategic change, particularly Gibb's article (Gibbs, R. (2003) Reframing the role of the teacher-librarian: The case for collaboration and flexibility Scan 22(3) 4), I felt empowered by the idea of a flexible timetable. I have read about it before but never really grasped the idea properly. Now that we have this new mission statement I believe that it gives me an opportunity to start to discuss this with our new principal who should be starting by next term. The change in leadership I am hoping will give me a chance to change too.
I was thinking in preparation for their arrival I would survey the school community about their opinion, positive and negative, regarding the library program. This, I am hoping, would provide me with data to support the changes I would like to make.
(Forum entry - ETL 504 201230, Module 4 Innovation and Change, 17/04/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment